The Fox Catches the Lamb

Started by Pytho at 11 Feb, 2021 22:45
14 Posts

Pytho

413 / 42Years Young
19 Posts

The Black Eyed Demon offered his companion a delighted grin when she agreed to his suggestion they remain where they were. He was coming to enjoy the rustic nature of the bar. It was a nice contrast to the upper middle class trappings of Nathan Moore’s life, or at least the success Pytho had made of it since assuming the man’s identity. “Yeah, that would be bad! Plus, I’d never hear the end of it from Maya about how I embarrassed her if I was arrested for being drunk behind the wheel” he rolled his eyes while the comment was made with the warmth expected of a father referring to his daughter. 

Pytho smirked as she not only agreed to play a game of pool against him, but opted to up the ante with a proposal the winner pays for their dinner. “Only if the winner pays for the drinks; I would feel so guilty about making you pay for everything when I win” the words were drawled out with an arrogance that was intended to be more playful than antagonistic. However, it was all the better if they succeeded in drawing the girl’s ire. Most people tended to make foolish mistakes when they allowed anger to get the best of them and if his arrogance caused her to lose her cool it might be to his advantage in more ways than one. 

“Why thank you Miss Ashley” he offered with a flirtatious smirk. Pytho then arranged the balls using the triangle and made the break from an angle. The brunette offered a wide grin as he succeeded in sinking two of the solid balls into a pocket. Although he did have a solid few centuries experience over the little huntress in fairness. “Your turn buttercup” he drawled out with that flirtatious wink again. “I do hope you’re up for giving me a challenge” he teased. 

Sophia Grant

25Years Young
33 Posts

Indeed, Sophia didn’t really feel like going anywhere else tonight, so it was good that she and Nathan were on the same page about this. Saved it from getting awkward, especially as she wasn’t really looking forward to getting into any sorts of arguments regarding where they were going to eat or something. It had been a long day, and the simplest idea was the best one for her, and so she would go with that.

“Oh that’s right…you don’t want Maya to think her dad’s a felon right?” She gave a slight grin, not imagining the truth that Nathan was far, far worse then any felon. No, this was all as much of a playact as she could never imagine, and yet, she was going down on it headfirst with no clue at all what she was being set up about. “Fine with me. Although I have to warn you…I can quaff quite a bit, my friends say that I can hold my liquor quite well.” That was quite an understatement, thanks to her abilities, she could drink as much as she wanted without complaint.

However, she was not afraid of his supposed skills one bit. What she saw was something approximating a raging mid-life crisis, that was doing his best to impress a girl almost his daughter’s age. Seemed to be pretty sad to be honest, but otherwise, she would not overtly much care. She knew it was hardly her place to judge, considering everything that she had personally been through as well. There was lots of shit in her life, that she wished that she could change…it was almost too much at times.

She would lift her head, bringing one tuft of hair back across her eyes, as she shrugged, feeling that he was getting cocky. But still, she would watch his movements with the eyes of a practiced professional, making sure that she didn’t miss a thing. It was rather easy to make sure that she got a handle on everything after all, what with her abilities here…and oh yes, she could definitely appreciate how well he could handle himself.

Oh you didn’t tell me you played,” she said coyly, as she would walk around the pool table, looking around for the black ball, as it had bounced against a corner on the table. Taking her cue, she would let a deep breath escape, as she leaned down, ass up, as she followed down the line of sight very calmly with her eyes, smirking a bit, as she thought she recognized what to do. Drawing back, it would be very, very calm indeed, as she knocked the ball. The ball would carrom off of the cue, heading in a straight line to the ball directly in front of it, sending it with enough energy to fall into a corner pocket.

As it bounced off, it would collide with another ball, knocking it just enough to roll quite slowly…into the other pocket, before coming to a stop. Looking up at Nathan, Sophia couldn’t help but smirk….”So tell me…. You played in college right?” She was throwing out a random guess out here, because he didn’t look like the sort that had played in some time.

Pytho

413 / 42Years Young
19 Posts

The Black Eyed Demon offered his companion an amused smirk as she made the felon jab. If all went well, it wouldn’t be long until he could reveal himself to Maya as something much more powerful than a run of the mill criminal. He looked forward to the day she would take her place at his side in the demonic army. The reward he’d receive for bringing one of the Yellow Eyed Demon’s special children to their side through manipulation would be beyond compare. And there was no doubt in his mind he would bring her on side. 

Pytho simply arched a brow when ‘Miss Ashley’ boasted about her ability to hold liquor. The Demon highly doubted a petite little thing like her could cope with half the alcohol intake of a tall muscular man like Nathan. Not to mention the advantage his demonic status granted. But if she wanted to make a fool of herself getting drunk off her ass then who was he to stop her? The Demon oddly enough didn’t find himself rushing to use it as an opportunity to kill her. The Black Eyed Demon was having too much fun toying with the little huntress to end their game just yet. He doubted the boss would be happy with his actions, but what the Yellow Eyed Demon didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him. At least Pytho had the ability to perceive other Demons which made it that bit harder for one of his cohorts to spy on him. 

“Where would the fun be in that? A man’s got to have some surprises” He drawled out with that arrogant grin of his when she called him out on his skills. It was thankfully a skill Nathan shared with the demon possessing him. The dentist had been taught the basics by his father as a boy and he later developed his skills to make extra money throughout college. Pytho allowed himself to enjoy the view as the huntress bent over and took her shot. Although he didn’t make a habit of bedding hunters (or anyone who wasn’t Maya’s mother in recent years) that didn’t mean he couldn’t do a little bit of window shopping. He was still a man (or as close to it as a Demon could get) after all. 

“How’d you guess” he teased with a grin. “While technically true I was taught how to play by my father as a boy. I must have been ten, maybe eleven.” He confided drawing on the experiences of his vessel. “These days I usually try to meet up with a few friends at least once a week, or failing that once a fortnight for a game or two.” He offered truthfully. While even Nathan’s friends were rather boring and pretentiously upper middle class for the Demon’s taste it at least gave him a break from the role of dutiful husband. 

“And what about you Miss Ashley? Where did you learn to play?” He asked curiously. As he asked the question the Black Eyed Demon knelt over and made a shot of his own. He succeeded in downing two balls of his own before he stepped back to allow the little huntress to take her next shot.  

Sophia Grant

25Years Young
33 Posts

Sophia still didn’t really know what she was getting into here, as she nodded at him, tilting her head a bit with a teasing smirk on her face. “Oh man’s got surprises then…lets see just how much you know,” she said giving him a wink, not really meaning anything by that… But maybe again to throw him off, she knew that it could work sometimes on men too, they were so easily distracted with everything.

Let’s see how much you remember from your boyhood memories,” she quipped, as she stepped around the table, watching him as he made his shot, studying every single movement that he made, wanting to figure out what his angle was. It was said that you could probably gather just how much real experience a man had by seeing the way they maneuvered around the table like he did.

Raising an eyebrow, she watched as he sunk the two shots. “Clearly…you’ve been hustling your friends,” she said, as she analyzed the remaining balls. There were some new directions she could go in here, but she would have to be very smart about it, for one, it would be extremely easy for her to miss…as she made her choice, picking an angle, as she traced the probable route for the ball.

Leaning back again, she would take her arm back, as she would knock the cue again, watching as it caromed off of the various walls of the cue table. It would hit a green ball…knocking it to the side, as it caromed into another wall. One ball would slide into the pocket, as it would  bounce off of that into a yellow ball…and stop just before it could knock another. “Well…you can’t get ‘em all,” Sophia would shake her head, as she stepped back.

Now she might have put herself in a bit of a tricky spot there…but that was the fun part about these things, getting herself out. Just like she always did, as she seemed to pay attention to his comment for the first time. “Here and there…I’m on the road a lot, as you can imagine I’m on the road a lot. Lots of little bars and hole in the wall places like this. You really do get a chance to practice your skills a fair amount.”